Self Storage Tips
Have you printed your coupon yet?
Click here for the current specials
There are many times in our lives when self storage becomes useful and necessary. Maybe you have run out of space; moved to a smaller apartment or office; been through a divorce; been evicted, etc. All of these life changes can leave you with "stuff" that has to be stored.
If you find yourself in any of these situations, here are some self storage tips that we hope you can use as a guide:
- Check out your nearest Storage Deluxe in person. Take a tour and visualize your unit to estimate how all your stuff will fit in. Visit our online guide or call us for help.
- Temperature extremes and moisture can damage your possessions, so make sure you rent a climate controlled unit. At Storage Deluxe all our self storage units have true climate control. This will protect your items, including furniture, old photographs, artwork, and equipment, from mold, mildew, cracking, splitting, rust, and corrosion.
- Make a list of what you want to store and bring it with you to a self storage facility. This will enable them to estimate the proper amount of space you will need and which insurance option is best for you.
- Carefully wrap and place your items in cartons with proper padding to avoid breakage. Avoid storing items in plastic garbage bags. Doing so may result in mildew.
- Make a detailed list of the items you are placing in storage.
- Use a personal lock with either a cylinder or disk to secure your unit. Have extra keys made and put in a safe place. Locks are available at every Storage Deluxe facility.
- Do not store:
- Perishables like food
- Flammable items
- Pets (Yes, people have tried this!)
- The items you use most should be placed at the front of the unit.
- Disassemble large items like furniture to make the most of your space.
- Don't worry. Storage Deluxe backs up its service promise with a money back guarantee.
Need more tips on how to store your valuables? Dial a professional at Storage Deluxe (877) 989-STORE(7867) today.